Did you ever find yourself in need for sweets and you had absolutely zero ideas on what do you want to make? Usually we don’t have a lot of time on our hands and we search for treat that are easy and fast to make. Because of this, we found a perfect treat recipe that you should give a try during the weekend . We have delicious Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Waffles prepared for you today with full list of ingredients and step by step recipe down on the page. Let’s start:
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 2/3 cup plain coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 50-60 drops of NuNaturals Pure Liquid Lo Han Supreme Sweetener ( or 3 tablespoons coconut sugar)
- vegan oil spray (for spraying the waffle iron)
- 1 can of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals LoSweet Pure Extract Sweetener (or 1 teaspoon powdered sugar/xylitol)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
- cacao nibs for sprinkling (optional)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat waffle maker according to machine instructions.
- Make the waffle batter. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, combine and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, make your whipped cream. I followed Angela’s instructions, though I used 1/4 teaspoon of LoSweet Pure Extract. Freezing the bowl prior is key, though. Just follow Angela’s instructions.
- Once your whipped cream is made, your strawberries prepared, and your batter has rested, begin making your waffles. Make your waffles using your machine’s instructions, making sure to spray the waffle iron with a little oil in between each waffle.
- Once the waffles are made, you can serve them one of three ways: 1.) Top one waffle with whipped cream and strawberries, top with cacao nibs and serve; 2.) Top one waffle with whipped cream and strawberries, then top with another waffle and repeat. Slice as you would a cake and serve; 3.) Cut a waffle into quarters. Top one quarter with coconut cream and strawberries, top with another quarter, repeat and serve. Repeat with the other two quarters. You can serve it as is, or top with some of the chocolate maple syrup, but we thought it was fine without it. Enjoy!